On 1 April 2021, Optimo Pathfinder's default start date for analysis will change to 1 July 2021 (i.e., the 2021/22 financial year).
This change is made on April 1 each year because we find that in the last three months of the financial year, it is neater to start cases from the start of the next financial year. There are more details below about how cases are affected and your options if you want to change your start date.
How new cases will be affected (and what to do if you want to start analysis on 1 July 2020 instead)
From 1 April 2021, when you add a new case:
- The analysis will start on 1 July 2021.
- The results and reports will start from 2021/22 and will no longer include 2020/21.
- When doing data entry in Pathfinder, please be mindful that 2020/21 may still display in some drop-down menus even if it isn’t included your case’s analysis. So, if you want to choose the first year of analysis make sure you actually pick 2020/21 and not just the first year on the list
If you would like to start a new case with the current financial year (2020/21)
When you add a new case, you can choose to start the analysis from 1 July 2020 (e.g., if there are some important actions you would like your clients to take before the end of this financial year). At the Start step, in the Use some sample data section, use the case called 'Blank case with start date of 1 July 2020'. Note: You must do this at the beginning, so if you have entered data and then want to change the start year, please contact Optimo Financial.
Old cases will not be changed (but there are some options to adjust them)
Any cases created before 1 April 2021, will be unchanged and will continue to have the 2020/21 financial year.
Please Contact Optimo Financial, if you would like to change the start date for an existing case. If possible, we would prefer for you to ask us to make adjustments to the case before you start entering more data. Some occasions where you might want to change the date include:
- The case was created before 1 April 2021, and you would like to move the start date forward to 2021/22.
- The case was created after 1 April 2021, and you would like to move the start date back to include the 2021/22 financial year. e.g. the individuals would like to do something important before the end of the financial year, such as making super contributions while they are still eligible.
- As an organisation, you would like to flip to the next financial year on a different date from 1 April 2021.
Please note that charges may apply to change the start date and you should allow 1-2 working days for changes to be made to your case.