For the latest information about legislative updates, see Legislative updates and Optimo Pathfinder
1 April 2019*
On 1 April 2018, Optimo Pathfinder's default start date for analysis for new cases will change to 1 July 2019 (i.e. the 2019/20 financial year). This change is made on April 1 each year because we find that in the last three months of the financial year, it’s neater to start cases from the start of the next financial year. There are more details below about how cases are affected and your options if you want to change your start date.
Cases created on or after 1 April 2019 will start from 1 July 2019 (2019/20 financial year)
- For any cases created on or after 1 April 2019, the default will be for the analysis to start on 1 July 2019.
- The results and reports will start from 2019/20 and will no longer include 2018/19.
- When doing data entry in Pathfinder, please be mindful that 2018/19 may still display in some menus even if it isn’t included your case’s analysis. So, if you want to choose the first year of analysis make sure you actually pick 2019/20 and not just the first year on the list
See below if you would like to start a new case starting in 2018/19 (e.g. because there are some important actions that need to be done before the end of this year).
Cases created before 1 April 2019 will not be changed
Any cases created before 1 April 2019, will be unchanged and will continue to have the 2018/19 financial year.
How to change the default start date
If you would like to start a new case with the current financial year (2018/19), then:
- Go to the Start (top menu)
- Select the "2018/19 blank case" option
- Enter your data as usual
Please Contact Optimo Financial, if you would like to change the start date for a case, for example:
- The case was created before 1 April 2019, and you would like to move the start date forward to 2019/20.
- The case was created after 1 April 2019, and you would like to move the start date back to include the 2018/19 financial year. e.g. the individuals would like to do something important before the end of the financial year, such as making super contributions while they are still eligible.
- As an organisation, you would like to flip to the next financial year on a different date from 1 April 2019.
Please note that charges may apply to change the start date.
*We are aware this choice of date makes it look like an April Fools joke, but it isn't. For reference, our April Fool's jokes look like this.