The Optimo Pathfinder model only includes legislation that has been passed in both houses of parliament and received Royal Assent from the Governor General. However, we are constantly monitoring proposed changes so that if they become law, Pathfinder is updated quickly.
Proposed legislation that we are keeping an eye on
We maintain a page for each calendar year to show legislation we are keeping an eye on and, if it is given Royal Assent, when it is released to Pathfinder:
Technical updates that have been released to Pathfinder
Technical updates in Pathfinder include updates to legislation and other details (e.g. indexation, interest rates)
- Technical update: Age pension & Aged care (Zogg v2)
- Global update: Lonsec returns (Young v2)
- Technical update: HELP thresholds, Age pension, Aged care, FTB (Xiake v4)
- Technical update: Medicare levy income threshold indexation (Xiake v3)
- Default start date for analysis is now 1 July 2023
- Technical update: CPI, AWOTE, and Various rates (Xiake v2)
- Technical update: Life expectancy (Wanderwell v6)
- Technical and Global update: Aged care, Age pension, and Interest rates (Wanderwell v5)
- Technical update: Age pension rates & supplements (Wanderwell v4)
- Global assumptions update: Shares/managed funds returns (Wanderwell v3)
Legislation not implemented in Pathfinder, even though it has received Royal Assent
Sometimes, schemes that are not widely used are not implemented in Pathfinder. However, if you would find it useful to have these schemed included, please Contact Optimo Financial and we may be able to suggest a workaround or it may increase the priority to include them.
First Home Super Saver Scheme
Allows individuals to save for the first home using their superannuation.
This has not been implemented in Pathfinder because it has not been a popular request. If you would like to model this, please Contact Optimo Financial and we may be able to suggest a workaround.
Allow eligible individuals to contribute the proceeds of downsizing the family home into superannuation.
A workaround is available here How to model downsizing contributions to superannuation (a workaround)
Pension loan scheme